The Ultimate Showdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Showdown

Warriors, beasts, Kaiju, machines.....from every time period. From every civilization come together. Make aliances. Make rivals, as you fight for survival.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 4:20 pm

I'm liking those screenshots, especially the one that has the Alien and the Predator locked in combat.
Back to top Go down
https://ultimateshowdown.rpg-board.net
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 4:35 pm

The trailer was good too, although I wish that they would smoothen that out. Why is it that the official website's trailers, for any movie or game, always have the jumpiness to it?

Answering your earlier question about the honor system: it's fairly simple. If you attack any humans that don't have weapons, a farmer or normal civilian, for instance, it takes away from your "honor" points. However, if you save them from Aliens, you gain points. Any other humans, such as military or, possibly, gang members, are fair game. Also, the number of points depends on how pro you are at killing.

Example: You go into campflouge, use the spear, kill in one or two hits, you gain a lot of points. If you just use one weapon all the time, like plasmacasters, you really don't get much. You have to remain in character as a Predator. How often do you really see Predator use his Plasmacasters, rather than his other weapons? Plasma casters should be used less often than most of your other weapons.

On the note of character, I hear people complain that you can't jump in this game unless you use a special button when trying to cross a gap. I look at them like they are stupid, because they kind of are. How often do you see a Predator jump unless they have to? They never did it when fighting or walking, only when they had to get across a gap. Sheesh, people. Think for a minute.

I'd really like to get one of those wallpapers on my PSP, but I can't figure out how. My PSP is hooked up, in USB mode, but I can't do anything.
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:22 pm

The trailers are always jumpy because they always want the site to have a unique layout, and the layout really doesn't allow for good resolution, i believe.

Hmm, so honor sounds like a strong aspect. Does it have a bending storyline like GU where like you can gain honor points, or do the Predators kill you if they get too low?

I see nothing wrong with the jumping motive. They used the same thing in Starfox Adventures, and, honestly, I thik if we could jump at any time, it wouldn't be any useful in the type of puzzles and battles they have.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:45 pm

I really don't know. But it sounds like it's really just a point system just to see how pro you are. Nothing really special, exept maybe that it rules what weapon upgrades the game gives you, if any at all. But there are three different branches in the game's story, So you can choose the plot your levels at some points in the game.

So do you know how to download those wallpapers? I'd like to get that one of the predator in the middle of all the aliens, but I can't figure out how. Oh, wait, do I have to get the internet on my PSP first?
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 5:53 pm

You probably do, but I haven't downloaded anything off of the net onto my PSP. I have software that lets me rip movies, but thats about it.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2007 6:42 pm

I guess I'll get along without it then. Maybe soon the google search engine will pick it up, and then I'll be able to save it.

Right now I'm watching Charlie Brown Christmas Special as I type.

santa rendeer
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 2:49 pm

Hah, lol.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2007 7:31 pm

Here is a link to the updated site for the movie:

http://www.avpr.com/
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Not a double post   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2007 6:42 pm

Here is a link to a new interview in IGN:

http://psp.ign.com/articles/839/839003p1.html

There isn't much new information, I'm afraid. But it looks like we will be seeing some other desgins for Predator, in the multiplayer. (remember the Brown armor from other comics/games?)

EDIT: Also, two new trailers for the game here:

http://www.us.playstation.com/PSP/Games/Aliens_vs_Predator_Requiem

Video two asctually gives you a shot of the Predator swinging an Alien around by it's tail and throwing it, it night vision mode. That's something I'm really looking forward too!
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 3:58 pm

Ooooooh. That looks fun.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2007 4:21 pm

Yeah! I can't wait! This game just looks better with every update!

(Ick, that rymed. silent )
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 12:20 pm

Just in case anybody hasn't seen this yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LnQyHC86I8

Also, the official site has been updated:

http://www.avpr.com/US/

You may have to hit F11 to see the entire thing, seeing as there isn't a scrollbar. To see the address bar in that mode, just move your mouse to the top of the screen. If you want things to go back to normal, just hit F11 again.
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 3:42 pm

Ah-ight. Lets take a look.....
Back to top Go down
Trevzilla

Trevzilla

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2007 11:05 pm

Ah,Christmas Day that sucks! Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
http://lightspeed.forumotion.com/index.htm
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 2:58 pm

Hey, it's not like it'll dissappear after opening day. It'll be there for weeks. I plan to go see it the following weekend.
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 4:10 pm

The poster in your avi looks KILLER!! I really can't wait for teh movie, now!
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 5:14 pm

Thanks! But it's only the Japanese poster. We get the Globe with the Alien and Predator on it. (I would love to have a christmas ornament of that!)
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 6:28 pm

yeah, taht would make an excellent attachment to my tree.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2007 7:01 pm

So who do you think is going to win this one? They said the ending for the game is different from that of the movie, so once we get the game, we won't be able to rely on it. In one of the new teaser trailers (the one that actually uses music from ALIEN at the beginning), we see the predator roar victoriously with a bunch of fireworks going off in the background. Either that's at the very begining (possibly a New Year's celebration, seeing as it's not far from Christmas Day), or close to the end, humans thinking that all the Aliens are gone and noone who's seen the Predator has lived, so they probably don't know about him, and then the Predalien comes and fights him.
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2007 7:25 am

IDK. Aliens, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2007 7:03 pm

Well, it's one more day from Christmas, but not quite Christmas Eve. It's 8:00 as I write this. We will find out who wins soon enough, even if we have to wait a few more days before we see it.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 25, 2007 5:05 pm

Guess who finally got to play Aliens Vs. Predator- Requiem: The Game today?

It's freakin' awesome! The cutscene at the beginning is pretty cool, their are tons of aliens to fight, a few military guys to kill (those guns are tough), even the police shoot their wimpy pistols at you. I haven't seen Predalien yet, hoping that he's the final boss. I heard some kid reviewer say prealiens, but I hope that's just a typo. My favorite level so far would have to be the High School.

EDIT: Finished! My new favorite level would be the Hospital Interior because (Spoilers)You can hear the Aliens screaming in the background when your'e in the middle of the nest.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2007 1:14 pm

I'm fixing to go see the movie now. Wish me luck! It'll be my first horror movie seen in theatres.

EDIT: I'm back! Really wasn't that scary. It's good, but there wasn't much more to it than Aliens, Predator, and humans hacking and shooting each other up. Paul Anderson didn't put enough action in his movie, and now the Strause Brothers put too much. It's hard to balance drama with action. All the ordinary drama in the beginning of the movie is lost to the action that comes sooner than expected, and it's very dark. It's a great movie, but could have been a little better.

I'm really glad I'm a Predalien on these forums, because he had this... deep, sinister, guy-in-charge-of-Aliens kind of thing goin'. He even calls them off so he can deal with some victims his own way.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 6:33 pm

Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 6:34 pm

REPORT!!!!

Coming April 15th, 2008:

Aliens vs. Predator-Requiem

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/aliens-vs-predator-requiem.html

Man, I can't wait! An extra 7 minutes of footage on the unrated addition, plus there is supposed to be an alternate version with a different ending on both versions. I'm so getting the unrated set!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.   Aliens vs. Predator general discussion. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aliens vs. Predator general discussion.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2