The Ultimate Showdown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Showdown

Warriors, beasts, Kaiju, machines.....from every time period. From every civilization come together. Make aliances. Make rivals, as you fight for survival.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Goji3754

Goji3754

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 3:49 pm

^Whoops, you posted while I was editing my last post.

So, the five Historic missions are (I don't think these are the actual names of the levels, but I gave it a shot, and the missions themselves are correct):

1. Duel in the Clouds- Cloud City, Bespin. Defeat Luke Skywalker as Darth Vader.

2. Escape the Execution- Great Pit of Carkoon, on Jabba's Sail Barge and the surrounding anti-grav boats. As Luke Skywalker, avoid falling into the Sarlacc, rescue your friends, and escape Jabba's Sail barge.

3. Arena in the Hive- Geonosian Execution Arena, Geonosis. As Mace Windu, free Alaaya Secura, destroy the battle droids, and kill Jango Fett.

4. A Hero's Last Duel- On board the Invisible Hand, above Coruscant. As Anakin Skywalker, make your way to the top of the Invisible Hand's spire, defeat Dooku, and free Chancellor Palpatine. This is Anakin's last duel as a hero, and his fall to the Dark Side will accelerate dramatically from this point.

5. Inferno- Lava Milling Station/CIS Headquaters, Mustafar. As Obi-Wan, wipe out the remaining droids and defeat Darth Vader.

Man, I love this list. Hey! Maybe, the people making the game are taking a more movie-like direction and the duel on Mustafar alternates with the duel between Yoda and Palpatine on Coruscant! One mission, two duels, play as Obi-Wan, play as Yoda, and defeat your enemies!

Fat chance of that, but... it... could happen...
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:34 am

Here's another video on the Force Unleashed. I think we've all heard by now that we can play as Darth Vader in the first level, and Force Lightning (being unusable by Vader in the cannon Star Wars Timeline due to the risk of it shorting out his mechanical parts and life-support suit) has been replaced by his iconic Force Choke, so we'll be able to make Wookies know how it feels to be on the recieving end of a shortage of air, rather than the other way around. This video doesn't reveal too much new information other than a hint at the Secret Apprentice's code name, which starts with the letter S. (Theorized to be Starkiller, the name for Darth Vader in the original script of Star Wars)

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32828.html

And here's another one about the Wii version.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/32802.html

Go ahead and look around a little more at the other videos. I must say, the Wii version's graphics look to have improved big time since the last video. That keeps me optomistic for the PSP version. Of course graphics aren't everything, but every game needs visual flare. Man, I hope I can get a Wii sometime soon. I'll definatley be getting both the Wii and PSP versions if I can.
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 1:14 pm

I agree with that statement.
Back to top Go down
https://ultimateshowdown.rpg-board.net
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: REPORT!!!!   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:37 am

Wookiepedia confirms the codename of the Secret Apprentice to be Starkiller, derived from Skywalker's original last name in the original Star Wars script. However, ths source for this material has yet to be investigated. I'll be sending an "excavation team" to the site to find a link and confirm. Who'll go with me?:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Starkiller_%28Secret_Apprentice%29#cite_note-Starkiller-0
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 10:32 am

study study study Very Happy cheers drunken

Here is confirmation that the Darth Vader Prolouge level is in ALL SIX VERSIONS of the game (WOOHOOO!):

http://www.gamespot.com/video/938359/6191425/star-wars-the-force-unleashed-interview-1

More updates may come...
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:05 am

Alright, this'll be more fun then playing as Darth Vader in Soul Caliber.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 11:09 am

Hey, yeah, I heard about that too. Unfortunatley, I have no clue what it's coming out for.

So this is the first time we'll actually get to play as Darth Vader in an actual storyline, cannonized event. I'm looking forward to it! If they make a sequel and for some reason Starkiller is unable to return for it, I hope they allow us to take the entire game through as Darth Vader. That would be freakin' sweet!

EDIT: Looks like we just might get that chance. Look at the wookiepedia page (link posted in an earlier post) if you want to see why.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 7:48 am

Okay, another update. Here's a new video from Gametrailers on The Force Unleashed. It has some spoilers to it, but nothing we really didn't know before. Meaning it shows us parts of cinematics we haven't ever seen, but we knew the things in them were bound to happen.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35119.html
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 10:59 am

Did we already know that the Wii version had a two player dual mode? Cause I read that in Nintendo power.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:33 pm

I thought it was common knowledge. They've even shown Mara Jade Skywalker to be one of the playable characters in duel mode, and she's a fan favorite of those who go reading and playing into the Expanded Universe of Star Wars, being Luke's wife and all. She's one of my favorites.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 20, 2008 9:54 am

New Force Unleashed pics.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/231601.html

Starkiller is also set to appear in Soul Caliber IV.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 7:38 pm

Here's a trailer for a game called "Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels" on the Wii. It's also coming out on the DS (called Jedi Alliances), but not for anything else. Where as The Force Unleashed is mostly a Force game, Lightsaber Duels is, as it suggests, mostly a Lightsaber game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImOAUujlMTs

I think I'll get The Force Unleashed for my PSP and, when I get a Wii (hopefully for my birthday), I'll get this game for it.

An awesome Force game with historic missions and Order 66, and an awesome lightsaber game that lets you create your own battles through the side game.

"Then I have achieved balance. The Balance of the Sith."

- Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 9:33 am

Freakin sweet.I do have a Wii, and its awesome. This game looks cool, but I hope they don't screw up in Real Life controls, like Twilight princess and GU both tried to do.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 5:18 pm

Well, it will have the basic directions like up, down, left, right, and forward (like The Force Unleashed's Wii game). But I think everything else is prety much just button combos and little a wave of the Wii wand.
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:37 pm

I prefer to call it the Wiimote, but either way:D
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:09 am

Surprised Shocked WOOOOOOOOOWWWW!!!! Look at this!!!! LOOK AT THIS!!!! Shocked Surprised

Here is a review of the PSP version of the game. I CAN'T WAIT!!! Look at the vids! It's a MASSIVE improvment over what we saw in the vid of The Force Unleashed from Renegade Squadron we saw a couple months earlier. Read the review, and watch the vids! There are some new images, too!

http://psp.ign.com/articles/885/885328p1.html

Finally! We haven't heard anything on the PSP version for some months now. It's all been about the Wii until now!

Man, even the PSP version has 15 different Lightsaber color crystal options! That means more blade-color options! I hope we get to combine them for different colors and maybe even effects! I'd love to have a gold blade like on KOTOR!

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Star-wars-the-force-unleashed-20080630022437817_640w

Wow.... I'm going to love that Historic Mission!
Back to top Go down
Godzillalien
Admin
Godzillalien

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 9:53 am

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. I especially love the sound effects, and the lightsaber isn't too shabby either.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 10:49 am

The sound quality is awesome, too! And the lightsaber looks great compared to Battlefront 2.
Back to top Go down
Goji3754

Goji3754

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2008 7:25 am

I'm not sure if everybody hasseen this yet, and I realize I'm pretty late to post it, but here it is anyway. The newest and awesomest trailer for the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TA-Md_s9EiE

Sorry bout the low quality, but at least you can still tell what is going on.
Back to top Go down
Gojira2000

Gojira2000

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:55 pm

Kay, just watched a commercial for this... looked pretty good. Not much of a SW fan, though.
Back to top Go down
http://godzilla1998.org
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread   Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed/General Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2